The Power Hour Program Instructor is directly responsible for coordinating/implementing 21st-century Power Hour program curriculum and assisting club members with 21st –century technology including tablets, computers and other digital learning tools. This position also assists in the daily operation of the Club activities and general supervision of club members.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Implement the Power Hour program and other academic and mentoring initiatives that align with the expectations set forth by the organization.
- Model for members how to use 21st-century technology to help them extend learning during Power Hour.
- Facilitate activities that encourage community and shared purpose.
- Collaborate with Program Director and staff on program and curriculum ideas.
- Assist Program and Club Director with evaluation of program curriculum and implementation.
- Maintain and submit all record keeping, which includes but not limited to member enrollment, attendance reports and activity calendars.
- Knowledge and use of BGCA.NET
- Knowledge of operating tablets, smartphones, desktop and laptop computers.
- Experience with educational applications for smartphones and tablets.
- Familiar with operating academic programs, publication software and word processing programs
- May coordinate and participate in special programs and/or events.
- Support club administrative duties
- Keeps equipment and supplies in good working condition.
Internal: Maintain close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer), Club members, and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain guidelines/ instructions; instruct; and advise/counsel.
External: Maintain contact with external community groups, schools, members' parents and others to assist in resolving problems.
High school diploma or GED / College coursework preferred
Experience in developing or following lesson plans, activities or curriculum
Experience working with youth in a leadership position is preferred
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- The energy, initiative and ability to achieve results within time frames.
- Mandatory CPR and First Aid Certifications within 90 days of hire
- Ability to organize and supervise members in a safe environment
- A sincere interest in helping youth
BGCC is hiring a Power Hour Program Instructor for each of the following Clubs.
Little Village Club 2801 S. Ridgeway, Chicago
Valentine Club 3400 S. Emerald, Chicago
Jordan Club 2102 W. Monroe St