The Program Aide is responsible for assisting with delivering a variety of after-school programs and activities that are fun, engaging and support our priority outcome areas of Academic Success, Healthy Lifestyles, Good Character and Citizenship.
- Create an environment that facilitates the achievement of Youth Development Outcomes
- Effectively assist with implementing programs, services and activites for Club Members.
- Promote, encourage and engage members in program and activity participation
- Provide guidance and role modeling to members
- Maintain a safe and respectful environment
- Responsible for daily set-up and clean-up of materials used during programming
- Keeps equipment and supplies in good working condition
- Maintain positive relationships with co-workers, students, faculty and parents
- Ensure a productive work environment by participating in weekly staff meetings.
Qualifications & Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalency, College courses preferred
- Experience in working directly with youth
- Experience in any of the following areas: Physical Education, Computer Education, Art, Drama, Music or Dance is a plus
- Ability to motivate youth and manage behavioral problems
- Strong communication skills
- Mandatory CPR and First Aid Certification within 90 days of hire
The part-time Program Aide positions are approximately 20 hours per week during after-school hours from 2:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Current openings are located at the following clubs:
Legacy Club 4217 W. 18th St
N. Lawndale Club 1615 S. Christina Ave
Logandale Club 3212 W. George St